Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Deep and Wide

Today was a monumental realization in the Kershaw household that the holiday season has truly passed. Ainsley's beloved "Deep and Wide", a moniker carefully chosen by her to identify her school, started again after a long, 2 week break. Ainsley was very excited this morning about getting to go to Deep and Wide and requested that we sing all the songs she's learned in school on the car ride over. The only problem is that her favorite songs are Christmas songs so I could be in for "Away in the Manger" and "We wish you a Merry Christmas" for a long while...ugghhhh!!! When we pulled into the parking lot, she immediately saw that a crew was taking down the huge Christmas tree (literally the tallest Christmas tree I've ever seen). Instantaneously, I thought OMG......how am I going to avoid a massive, hysterical breakdown??? Luckily, I was able to divert her attention by talking about how the Easter bunny was coming soon and that he would bring her candy. This was not before she scolded the men who were taking apart the tree. I can only hope that the Christmas tree is taken down, boxed, and in the truck when I pick her up from school. I'm skeptical as to whether the Easter bunny story will suffice on the walk back to the car...after all, in her mind, Christmas trumps Easter any day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment